BMLI Applications are now OPEN.
- Click here to download a version of the 2021/2022 BMLI Application in Microsoft Word. (NOTE: This form is only intended to be a guide to developing your answers–the actual application must be submitted using our online system). Your application must be submitted using our online system by 1:00 pm ET on Thursday, February 18, 2021.
- Click here to download the HR Approval form. Please submit your HR Approval form to email@example.com by Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Be thoughtful and thorough in your application–it greatly betters your chances of being selected for this highly competitive program.
- WICT strongly suggests having someone else review your application before final submittal.
- All applications must be submitted via our online system. If you are using Internet Explorer 8, check to ensure that “compatibility view” is on (Go to the Tools menu, then select Compatibility View Settings, and then add www.wict.org).
- Prior to accessing the online application, complete and save your application in a separate word document, then copy and paste your answers online. Do not use bullets, italics, or other formatting when pasting into the online application. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received by WICT. (Be aware that the system will log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity and your work may not be saved).
- There is a character limit listed for most questions. Please note it is character count, not word count, so spaces and punctuation are included. You will not be able to submit your application if any of your responses are over the character limit.
- You may save your application at any time by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen. To re-access and complete your application, please go back to the WICT website and click the link to apply online again – this will bring you back to your saved application.
- Have the Corporate Approval form with your Human Resources representative’s signature completed separately. This application is being accepted based on your current employment. Please notify WICT immediately if there is a change to your employment status.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $175 online with a credit card when the application is submitted.
- No additional supplemental documents will be accepted.
About the Program: BMLI, produced in partnership with The Center for Creative Leadership, serves as the gold-standard leadership development program for women in cable.
Where and When: Fellows will attend a week-long orientation in the Fall, as well as four 2-day sessions throughout the nine-month program. The Orientation Week will be held August 29 – September 3, 2021 (for Class 44) and September 12-17, 2021 (for Class 45) at the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, North Carolina. The 2-day sessions will be held November 17-18, 2021 in Baltimore, MD, January 2022, March 2022 and May 2022. During the November session, Class 44 and Class 45 Fellows will have an opportunity to meet their companion class as well as BMLI alumnae who are participating in the 2021 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute. The November session will focus on navigating career challenges, while the January BMLI session will help build personal brand and communications. The March session will cover leading teams strategically and during the final session, in May 2022, we will explore leading with purpose.
*Content and dates subject to change.
For additional information, please visit the BMLI FAQs page.
Please note: WICT will send out a survey to all candidates asking about critical schedule conflicts for either orientation session. We do encourage candidates to be available for either session as there are several factors which determine class placement, including but not limited to availability, and WICT cannot guarantee that your choice of session will be met.
Fees: A non-refundable application fee of $175 is due with submission of the BMLI application.
The cost for the program is $19,500 for members and $19,800 for non-members and includes all course materials as well as attendance at all sessions.
Out-of-pocket expenses for airfare, hotel and ground transportation are not included. All fees and incidental expenses are the responsibility of the Fellow’s company. Once an applicant has been selected for and accepted a seat in the BMLI program the company is committed to the registration fee of $19,500/$19,800 respectively. There is no refund of the registration fee should a fellow need to cancel after accepting a seat in the program. Full payment of the $19,500/$19,800 program fee for accepted participants must be received by Friday, July 9, 2021. Fellows with outstanding payments may be excluded from the orientation week at WICT’s discretion.
Application Process and Instructions: Each applicant must be recommended and approved by her corporate Human Resources Department or appropriate manager. This approval includes confirmation of corporate support for participation in the program. If the applicant does not have her Human Resources or appropriate manager approval, she will not be considered for the BMLI program.
Please email your HR Approval form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, February 2. Your application must be submitted through our online system no later than 1:00 pm ET on Thursday, February 18.