The 2014-2015 Academic Year
Applications for the 2014–2015 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute Classes 30 and 31 must be received by February 28, 2014, 3:00 pm (Eastern).
The initial Orientation Week at the Center for Creative Leadership will be held the weeks of September 7 - 12 (Class 30) and October 5 - 10 (Class 31) in Greensboro, North Carolina. Class 30 and Class 31 Fellows will have an opportunity to meet their companion class as well as BMLI alumnae who are participating in the 2014 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute during the November session. The November session will focus on marketplace trends, professional visibility and negotiation skills, while the January BMLI session will home in on leadership brand management, communication effectiveness and organizational influence. The March session will cover team leadership, coaching and driving results. The final graduation session will be held in May, 2015. For additional information, please visit the BMLI FAQs page. Please note: although you will be asked for your class preference on your application, there are several factors that determine class placement, including but not limited to availability, and WICT cannot guarantee that your first choice will be met.
A non-refundable application fee of $150 is due with submission of the BMLI application.
The cost for the program is $17,500 and includes all course materials as well as attendance at all sessions. Out-of-pocket expenses for airfare, hotel and ground transportation are not included. All fees and incidental expenses are the responsibility of the Fellow’s company. Once an applicant has been selected for and accepted a seat in the BMLI program the company is committed to the registration fee of $17,500. There is no refund of the registration fee should a fellow need to cancel after accepting a seat in the program. Full payment of the $17,500 program fee for accepted participants must be received by July 31, 2014. Fellows with outstanding payments may be excluded from the orientation week at WICT's discretion.
Application Process and Instructions
Each applicant must be recommended and approved by her corporate Human Resources Department or appropriate manager. This approval includes confirmation of corporate support for participation in the program. If the applicant does not have her Human Resources or appropriate manager approval, she will not be considered for the BMLI program.
Prospective Fellows should:
The approval form must be received by February 21, 2014.
The online application and application fee must be by received Friday, February 28, 2014 by 3:00 pm (Eastern) for the applicant to be considered for this program.
Prior to completing the online application, please use this Word document of the BMLI application as a working draft. Once you have completed this draft, you can transfer your responses to the online form. To access the online form simply click "Apply Online" below. You will be taken to a login page where you will enter your WICT member login information.
If you are not a WICT member you will need to create an account to submit an application for BMLI. Chose the "Create an Account" button on the login page. You do not need to be a member of WICT to apply to the program but if you are accepted, we do require that you join.
Keep this in mind:
Once you have accessed the online BMLI application, you do have the ability to save your application and come back prior to submitting it. To access your saved application return to this page and click "Apply Online" - you will be taken back to your saved application after you have logged in.
- Don't wait until the last minute! Be thoughtful and thorough in your application.
- All applications must be submitted via our online system. Please note that you must use Internet Explorer to complete the application. If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, check to ensure that "compatibility view" is on (Go to the Tools menu, then select Compatibility View Settings, and then add www.wict.org).
- Prior to accessing the online application, complete and save your application as a separate document (found here), then copy and paste your answers online. When you copy and paste from Word into the online platform, some formatting will be lost. Avoid using bullets, dashes, italics, etc. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received by WICT. (Be aware that the system will log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity and your work may not be saved).
- Have the Corporate Approval and Payment Information form with your Human Resources representative's signature completed separately, and send to the WICT office.
- No additional supplemental documents will be accepted.
Finished your application in Word and ready to submit it online?