Applications are now CLOSED for the 2014 Rising Leaders Program.
WICT’s Rising Leaders Program (RLP) is designed for industry professionals at the manager and director level who have demonstrated their potential and their desire for leadership and career advancement. During this intensive immersion program, participants take part in leadership analysis and case study work while expanding their cable business acumen. After completing this program, participants will know how to:
Leverage key management tools to build and develop high-performance teams.
Use advanced tactical and strategic methods to expand organizational impact.
Map the landscape, build alliances and become an effective advocate.
Assess diverse leadership styles and align team competencies to exceed organizational goals.
Create and manage a personalized leadership development plan.
The 2014 Program
This is a competitive, application-based program and all applicants must be approved by their companies in order to participate. The program is limited to six classes of 30 women per class. There will be three sessions in 2014: April 6 - 11 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, June 1 - 6 in San Diego, CA, and November 2 - 7 in Baltimore, MD.
The program format allows for an in-depth leadership course curriculum. Led by Erika Andersen, Founder of Proteus International and supported by Proteus' senior staff members, Therese Miclot, Jennifer Sherman, Cindy Swensen, and Cari Windt, the 2014 RLP will explore:
- Social Styles – understanding what they are, identifying your own and learning how to adapt to and work with those with different styles
- Six Elements of Leadership Model - what the six elements are, assessing your elements and how to develop a practical approach to improve your leadership qualities
- How Cable Happens – learning how the various industry segments relate to and interact with each other
- Growing Great Employees - where to begin, what to do and how to keep them growing
- High Performance Teams – including setting goals, effective processes, building trust and measuring success
- Strategic Thinking – how to be and think strategically