The Arnoff Company, Inc.
Jim Arnoff is a Certified Life/Career Coach specializing in coaching entrepreneurial creatives in the entertainment industry. He coaches directors, actors, filmmakers, documentarians, writers and musicians in guiding them to their most fulfilling careers. Jim coaches clients in setting exceptional goals, envisioning ideal careers, creating powerful communication skills, strengthening networking techniques and building confidence.
Within the entertainment industry, Jim leads interactive workshops for New York Women in Film and Television, Writers Guild, Producers Guild, HBO, MTV Networks, TimeWarner, Actors Work Program, American Federation of Musicians and NBC Universal. The workshops cover powerful networking, assertiveness, confidence building, becoming a powerful leader, communicating with conviction and tough talks made easy.
This year Jim started leading career development workshops for NYU's Wasserman Career Center, together with their alumni groups for women, entertainment professionals and the LGBT affinity group. This fall, Jim will be traveling to key NYU alumni chapters across the country to facilitate leadership building workshops.
Jim does executive coaching in the entertainment industry. Mostly recently he completed four executive coaching assignments for Time Warner around powerful communication and strengthening interpersonal skills to become more effective and inspirational leaders.
Jim facilitates group coaching for both the entertainment industry and NYU alumni across all schools.
As an attorney and member of the bar, Jim coaches lawyers in all specialties. His assignments have included coaching around creating the most rewarding legal career, the most effective communication and engaging with colleagues powerfully. As a practicing attorney, Jim represents individuals and companies in the creative, production and distribution areas of television, film and digital.
As a television and digital packaging agent, Jim represents New York-based production company in developing and selling original series to all the networks in New York, DC and LA.
Select Clients Results:
- Coached IT vice-president at a major entertainment company to more effectively connect with his peers through deep active listening, clarity of expectations and building trust.
- Coached senior marketing executive/lawyer at one of the largest NYC law firms to embrace her value, communicate more effectively and envision her ideal career.
- Coached a television producer at one of the major networks to build confidence claim his voice with peers, pitch himself / programs more effectively and express with clarity his production requirements.
- Coached an associate at a law firm to set clear boundaries with his colleagues/senior partners resulting in a safer, trusting work environment.
- Facilitated a coaching workshop for a female executive group at one of the major investment houses to strengthen their interpersonal communication, claim their voices and interact with conviction.
- Lead a career development coaching workshop with the female alumni group at one of New York City's top universities on turning difficult conversations into major growth opportunities through risk-taking, trust building and a more powerful vocabulary.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. with Honors.
- iPEC Coaching, Certified Empowerment Coach.
- International Coach Federation - Professional Certified Coach.
- Migdal, Tenney, Glass & Pollack - Associate Attorney.
- William Morris Agency - Business Affairs Attorney and Television Packaging Agent.
- The Arnoff Company, Inc. - Television/Digital Packaging Agent.
- Arnoff Coaching & Consulting - Executive, Individual and Group Coaching.
- James B. Arnoff, Esq. - Entertainment Law.
- Member, New York City Bar
- Member, New York State Bar
- Members, LeGal/LGBT Law Association
- Leadership Member, New York Women in Film & Television
- Founder, Gay Coaches Collective
- Member, International Coach Federation/NYC Chapter
- Adjunct, NYU - packaging series for television and digital platforms.
- Adjunct, School of Visual Arts - creating and pitching your series for television and the web.
- Adjunct - Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) – maximizing your newly earned certificate in the real world.