VP, Media, Marketing ESPN
Moira Davis was promoted to vice president in May 2006. Moira is currently the Vice President, Marketing where she oversees multiple areas within the consumer marketing division. She manages a team that is responsible for five integrated areas:
• Media: On and off channel strategy, media planning and implementation for all ESPN content, services and properties. Oversight of all owned media across ESPN TV, Radio and Digital platforms including over 50 ESPN related media assets.
• Synergy: Creating and implementing integrated, value-added marketing/media programs across the Walt Disney Company and with league/programming partners.
• FRM (Fan Relationship Marketing): Managing and optimization of our ESPN.com fan base to know our fans and serve them better through marketing efforts and to generate incremental ad sales opportunities.
• Customer Care- Managing one to one fan contact points to support digital, mobile or consumer product/service needs and receive programming feedback, compliments, complaints and/or ideas.
• Events- Planning and executing on site programs for sponsors and guests across league and ESPN owned events from the Super Bowl to the ESPYs
She joined ESPN in March 2005 as the Senior Director of Media Strategy where she focused on the planning and execution of media plans for ESPN branded properties from programming to products.
Prior to joining ESPN in 2005, as senior director of media, Davis was with OMD/BBDO for 13 years. Her key clients represented cable, consumer and wireless businesses. She began her career at Della Femina, McNamee.
In addition to her core responsibilities, Moira was selected as part of the ABC Executive mentor program, has been an ESPN mentor, and has been on the ESPN Mentor Advisory committee at ESPN for five years. She most recently served on a small team for the ESPN Leadership Committee initiating and supporting the “Game Ball” program; an internal program whereby employees recognize acts of leadership by their peers with the hand off a limited number of ESPN game balls every month.
Moira has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from Wake Forest University. She currently resides on the upper west side of Manhattan.