About the Fellowship
The Martha Soehren Women Veterans Fellowship is an annual fellowship that enables a high potential woman veteran employed at a programmer, operator or by a technology company to experience the strength of WICT’s educational programs and robust professional network. The Fellowship recipient embarks on a one-year journey designed to build crucial leadership development skills through WICT’s resources and programs.
The recipient of the fellowship will be selected based in part on her ability to describe how receiving the fellowship will positively impact her leadership skills to the benefit of her organization and the industry as a whole.
WICT will provide the recipient with a one-year WICT membership and will underwrite registration costs and travel stipends (if applicable) for the following programs:
- WICT Leadership Conference – October 4-5, 2021
- Executive Development Series – November 3-5, 2021
- Tech It Out – TBA
The application deadline has passed.
WICT’s response to COVID-19: We continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19, and look to the WHO, CDC and local authorities for guidance. Programs dates, content and attendance capacity may shift to accommodate virtual formats or safe physical distancing. We will provide any necessary updates as they become available.
About the Fellowship Namesake
Martha Soehren served from 2009-2018 on the WICT Global Board of Directors. Martha is the Chief Talent Development Officer and Senior Vice President at Comcast University and Comcast Cable. Her career encompasses 17 years in the telecommunications industry; 25 years in the defense industry; and 13 years as an adjunct professor and research/academic advisor.
Martha holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, as well as a PhD in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. A lifetime supporter of the military community, she is an honor graduate of the Army’s Management Engineering College and serves as an Executive Champion for the Comcast Veteran’s Affinity Group.
Dr. Soehren’s affiliations and honors include:
- Doctorate of Learning Advisor for the GSE/Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Learning Leader with the Elliott Masie Learning Consortium
- Selection Committee Member for the Association of Talent Development’s (ATD) Board of Directors
- Board of Directors Member of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE)
- Past Chair of the ATD Board of Directors (2014)
- Past Chapter Advisor of the WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- WICT Greater Philadelphia Liberty Award Winner and Catalyst Award Winner
- Multichannel News Woman to Watch Award Winner
- Cablefax Most Powerful Woman in Cable Award Winner (multiple years)
- Learning 2012 Spotlight Award by The Masie Center