- This event has passed.
WICT Rocky Mountain: Premier Management Development Series
April 25 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT
One event on May 23, 2019 at 8:00am
One event on June 27, 2019 at 8:00am
One event on August 15, 2019 at 8:00am
One event on September 26, 2019 at 8:00am
One event on October 24, 2019 at 8:00am
The WICT Rocky Mountain chapter is excited to announce the return of the Premier Management Development Series in 2019, which has been recognized by WICT National for our Leadership Programming quality. This series is focused on developing our high-potential supervisors and managers in the industry. WICT Rocky Mountain and Watermarq Consulting have collaborated to create an interactive, personalized learning program featuring significant leadership topics to support professional development of our rising leaders.
Through the program, participants can benefit from:
- Learning from experienced, knowledgeable coaches and trainers and practice leadership skills that can be applied immediately to help excel as a leadership role model in your organization and community
- Developing personal action plans to focus on applying new knowledge and skills so you get the most from the program investment
- Connecting with fellow leaders from the industry and build relationships for peer-to-peer support outside the classroom for your entire career
- Helping you optimize your individual performance and organizational impact, while achieving new levels of confidence and success
6 full-day “classroom” sessions focusing on the topics such as:
- Your personal brand: Explore what personal brand is, how this perception is critical to our success and what we can do to build the right leadership brand.
- Team Development: Learn how to develop your team through effective feedback, develop leadership skills, how to develop talent in your team and how to utilize situational behaviors.
- Support Village: Identify a specific set of career stakeholders and learn how to create a mutually beneficial relationship to find new opportunities for building greater success at work.
- Influencing Up and Peers: Learn to create influential messaging through dialogue, presentations and methods for encouraging an environment of inspiration and collaboration.
Continental breakfast and lunch provided for each session.
Session 6 (Thursday, October 24th) will include an afternoon graduation ceremony. Participants will receive information and training practice to prepare a graduation presentation reviewing their program experience, and plan for continued development. WICT RM Board members, participant leaders, and mentors will be invited to attend the ceremony.
Program Commitment Expectations:
- Attendance of each of the 6 sessions noted above
- Peer-to-Peer coaching session – 1 hour meeting per month
- During break between August and September – 4 -5 hour commitment to special leadership project
- Share program learning with work team, peers, and your leader
Program will be held at the Cable Center:
2000 Buchtel Blvd S.
Denver, CO 80210
The program is open to WICT Rocky Members who hold position equal to supervisor or manager. You need not have direct reports, but should be in a role to influence others, and open to applying these skills within the program.
You can nominate someone, or you can apply for the program yourself. Each applicant must have leader approval and support to participant in the program, and the application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from your manager. Applications are accepted between January 23rd and March 22nd for consideration into the program.
Included in the application is also a section to apply for the Mary White Memorial scholarship for those interested in financial assistance. All applicants should have payment options confirmed, as scholarships are limited and payment must be received within 4 days of approval.
Announcement of nomination approvals and scholarships will communicated on Monday, April 1st, with payment required for all applicants by Friday, April 5th. Prompt receipt of payment allows us time to send out communication and the Personanalysis Assessment links, confirming a successful Session One start on April 25th.