|Happy New Year WICT Florida!
As we close out 2017 and as 2018 has dawned, it seems like a great time to give thanks, reflect on what we’ve accomplished, the journey we’ve taken to get to where we are and the plans we have for an exciting, bright future.
I’d like to start by saying how much I appreciate each member of the WICT Florida team and that I recognize we wouldn’t be where we are without the contributions made by each and every one of our board members and volunteers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Join me in thanking and congratulating our Board of Directors for their commitment and passion for WICT and let’s take a moment to welcome the newest members of the WICT Florida board family… This bright, creative group of professionals brings an array of experiences and ideas that will enrich our chapter.
- LaTonya Nelms, Secretary, Charter
- Candace DiMassimo, Marketing/Communications Chair, AMT
- Stefanie Bowden, Programming Director, Comcast
- Madeline Almonte, Co-Treasurer, Charter
- Kasey Ferrua, Membership Chair, In Transition
- Tanisha Coffee, Volunteer Ambassador, Kelly Services
- Jami Phillips, Director-at-Large, Charter
- Kate Wallace, Director-at-Large, Florida Internet & Television
- Annemarie Medina, Director-at-Large, TNSPlease click here to view full WICT Florida 2018 Board of Directors…Last year was a year of growth, change and transition for our chapter and for our industry as a whole. We delivered impactful programming with a clear focus on educating and inspiring our members, while working to ensure there were tangible takeaways in everything we did. With continued transition in our state and our industry, we will work to maintain WICT Florida as your local source for leadership training, mentoring programs and networking events.
As FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn commented in the WICT Prepares Women to Lead video, “YOU are at the forefront of a never-ending mission that is crucial to the success of this country and its progress; that of preparing women to lead.” I encourage you to watch the video in its entirety!
Together we will continue to uphold WICT’s mission to empower women who transform our industry and by doing that we will also Create Leaders. Together. These are exciting times and I thank you for your membership and support. What we can do together has the power to change the world!
In 2017, our Chapter received the following WICT Global Chapter Awards:
INSPIRE – Top Annual WICT Global Award
BEST PROGRAMMING OF THE YEAR – For the 2nd Year in a Row!
2ND PLACE MENTORING EXCELLENCE AWARD