Strong Leadership in the
Midst of Constant Change
Recognized worldwide as the premier program for leadership development of senior-level women, the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI) is a highly-sought after opportunity for women in media, entertainment and technology.
WICT’s BMLI program convenes many of the top ranked executive education institutions to provide key executives with a year-long, immersive experience focused on building strategic leadership skills and a B2B network.
Click here for a program overview.
BMLI is designed to accelerate career success. The program’s learning objectives are to:
- Increase self-awareness while deepening organizational and enterprise-wide perspective.
- Cultivate leadership purpose and confidence.
- Build a network to fortify participants’ careers and the industry.
- Enhance capacity for creating more inclusive workplace cultures.
- Strengthen executive leadership skills (including visionary and strategic mindset, teambuilding, driving results, effective communications).
- Foster stamina and resilience.
- Develop a leadership plan.
To support these objectives, the curriculum centers on the following five themes:
- Leading Self
- Workplace Dynamics and Personal Impact
- Organizational Influence
- Leading Teams Strategically
- Leading with Purpose
The curriculum blends experiential and data-driven approaches to exploring competencies necessary for success at the executive level. BMLI participants are immersed in hands-on learning activities, structured introspection, classroom lectures, research, and peer mentoring. As part of the learning experience, BMLI incorporates custom, assessment-based executive coaching, providing participants with interactive, guided explorations of strengths, development opportunities and how to leverage and manage both for exponential leadership impact.
- Woman at the VP or Senior Director level, and above, or equivalency thereof
- Candidate has at least 8 years of executive management experience
- A strong performer
- Approved and supported by senior management for participation in BMLI
- Current WICT member
The next BMLI application period opens in early November 2021, and will close early February 2022. Candidates must complete an online application and an approval form submitted to WICT on behalf of their HR leader.
REGISTRATION AND DETAILS
$19,500 for members
$19,800 for non-members (rate includes a WICT membership)
Dates for current classes:
Class 44, September 12-17, 2021 (Sunday evening – Friday), Greensboro, NC
November 17-18, 2021 (Wednesday – Thursday), Baltimore, MD
December 2, 2021 (Thursday), virtual
January 20-21, 2022 (Thursday – Friday), Fort Myers, FL
March 22-24, 2022 (Tuesday – Thursday), San Diego, CA
May 16-19, 2022 (Monday – Thursday), Denver, CO
Dates for next cohort:
Class 46, September 11-16, 2022 (Sunday evening – Friday), Greensboro, NC
November 2022, two days, location TBD
December 2022 (Thursday), one day, virtual
January 2023, two days, location TBD
March 2023, two days, location TBD
May 2023, two days, location TBD
Who was Betsy Magness? Click here to learn more.
Betsy Magness photo courtesy The Cable Center.