Letter from Jennifer Holt, Greater Chicago Chapter President
'Tis the season of thanks and giving but as the holidays quickly approach, it is so easy to stress over travel delays, the fear of overcooking the turkey and fighting the traffic at the mall. If only we could take a few minutes to step back and appreciate our lives and the people in it. Here are 10 reasons I'm thankful this season.
1. I am thankful my father finally moved back to Chicago after living in New York, California and Louisiana for more than 30 years.
2. I am thankful I had an amazing year at work. Despite many obstacles we had a 34% increase in sales. I am extremely lucky to work with dedicated and motivated people.
3. I am thankful that as you read this letter I'm on a three week vacation in Thailand with my father.
4. I am thankful I have wonderful neighbors who watch over my house when I travel for work and fun. Plus, when I come home to an empty refrigerator they always offer to feed me.
5. I am thankful for my DVR and On Demand so that I never miss the best of reality TV ("Hello my name is Jennifer and I can't stop watching the Real Housewives.") or Hallmark movies.
6. I am thankful for wonderful friends who always make me laugh and smile.
7. I am thankful for having the opportunity to be the President of the Greater Chicago Chapter. I've really enjoyed meeting everyone and working with the remarkable women and men on the chapter's board.
8. I am thankful my family is healthy.
9. I am thankful it has cooled off so I can wear my UGG boots again.
10. I am thankful for honey mustard. I think it is the perfect condiment that tastes good on almost anything!
What are you thankful for this season? Head to our Facebook page and let us know.
I'm reminded of a quote from Arthur Ashe "From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life." As you are reflecting on meaning of Thanksgiving would you please consider picking up a toy for a child in need? Continuing a long standing tradition, the WICT Greater Chicago Chapter is holding a toy drive in conjunction with our holiday wrap-up celebration. Starting on Monday, November 19 you will find collection boxes for unwrapped toys at your office. For a complete list of the drop off locations please click here "Toys-for-Tots donation locations".If your site does not have a collection box please bring the toy to the "Holiday Wrap Up Celebration" on Wednesday, December 5.
I am WICT!
Know Yourself…Communicate…Listen…Connect…Be a Catalyst…Be Fearless…Inspire