- Does WICT serve different career levels?
- What are the benefits of each membership category and cost of dues?
- Why does WICT have an entry level membership and a regular membership?
- What is the membership year and how are dues calculated should I join mid-year?
- What is a primary chapter?
- Can I belong to more than one WICT chapter?
- How do I access the members-only area of the website?
- How can I get in touch with my chapter president?
- How can I log in to the website?
- How do I change my contact information?
- How can I obtain a receipt?
- How can I receive an invoice?
- How can I pay an order/invoice online?
- What happens if I don’t renew during renewal season?
- I’m a lapsed member, can I renew after March 31?
- How many members and chapters does WICT have?
- What if there isn’t a WICT chapter near me?
- How can I get involved?
- Am I eligible to vote for a chapter board if I’m an affiliate member to a chapter?
- Are WICT memberships transferable?
- What is WICT transitional member program?
- Who is eligible for transitional member program?
- What is the transitional member program renewal process?
- What are the benefits of a transitional member program?
WICT offers flexibility in membership options as you advance in your cable career whether you’re a senior executive level, rising executive, mid-level professional, motivated young professional level and graduate or undergraduate full-time student.
WICT offers four membership categories, each tailored to meet your needs during every stage of your career path. Entry and student levels provide access to attend member-priced or member-only events at chapter and national levels. Regular and Executive levels allow members to vote for the volunteer board at their local chapter and receive targeted messages for programs and content specifically for their level. This flexibility in membership provides options for you from first-hire throughout your career advancement.
- Click here for more details on membership types and dues.
WICT created the entry level membership in an effort to bridge the gap between student and first-hire employee. Entry level membership provides access to attend member-priced or member-only events at chapters at an affordable price. Entry level membership provides exposure to networks of people and skill-building programs to the first-hire employee.
WICT membership is based on the calendar year, January 1 – December 31. When you join as a new member, you pay the full year amount in dues. The following year, your renewal fee is prorated (reducing your renewal by the number of months you weren’t a member in the year you joined) depending on when you joined. For example, if you joined in March, the next membership year, you’ll receive a discount for two months. The formula looks like this: executive member annual dues are $299/12 x 2 =$49.83. At renewal time, you pay $249.17 (a pro-rated discount of $49.83.) and so on based on your member level.
Belonging to the primary chapter of your choice is a free membership benefit. Please select one of the 21 chapters. Most members choose the closest chapter as primary chapter and/or choose a primary based on your business region.
Even if you don’t live near an active WICT chapter, WICT provides multiple ways for you to get and stay in touch with other members. Through access to the WICT Online Member Directory and the members-only area, WICT Connects, you can follow-up on a contact you made at a program, without having to leave the office.
If you are an executive or regular member, you are eligible to vote for your primary chapter’s board of directors, as well as serve on the board.
You may choose to join additional WICT chapters for $30 each. By extending your reach, you increase your access to local chapter activities and networking opportunities. To add a chapter or change your primary chapter, contact email@example.com.
Log on with your email address and password. If you no longer have access to the email WICT has tied to your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can update your information.
We encourage you to contact your local chapter to find out more about how it can meet your needs. Please click here to view all current chapter presidents.
- Go to any page within the WICT website (www.wict.org)
- Click on the “Log In” button in the upper right corner
- Your username is your primary email address
- Your default password is your last name and is case sensitive. You may change your password after logging in by visiting the members’ home page and clicking the button that says, “Change my Contact Information.” Your password may contain both letters and numbers and must be at least 5 characters in length.
Choose one of the following methods:
- Log in to the website and visit the members’ home page (http://www.wict.org) and click on “Change my Contact Information” to update your record.
- Email your updated information to email@example.com.
- Call WICT member services at 202-827-4794.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call WICT at 202-827-4794. To obtain an receipt online, you can log in to www.wict.org with your email address and password, then click on “My WICT,” and look for the link that reads, “Access invoices/receipts.” If you attended a WICT chapter event, please contact one of your WICT chapter leaders, specifically the president, program chair or treasurer.
Log in to your account at www.wict.org, click on “My WICT,” then click on “Access invoices/receipts,” or call WICT directly at 202-827-4787 or fax the invoice with credit card payment to 202-450-5596. (Memberships do not become active until paid.)
Absolutely. To renew your membership, visit www.wict.org, click on Log In and enter your email and password. In the upper right corner of site will say Welcome (your first name), now click “Renew Now” and follow the screens through the process. You can renew for the current dues year between November 1 and October 31. For example, if you are renewing in November, you’ll be doing so for the next dues year.
Should you wish to renew using a check or money order, simply return your renewal invoice we mailed to you, with payment. You can also print a PDF of the membership application here. Mail the completed form with payment to:
2000 K Street, NW, Suite 350
Washington, DC 20006
What happens if I don’t renew during renewal season?
WICT’s membership renewal season is November 1 – March 31. If you don’t renew by April 1, your membership will become lapsed. While you still may renew after that date, you will not maintain immediate access to the members only area of the website, such as the WICT Online Member Directory, nor will you receive communications on upcoming programs or eligibility for fellowships and member rates at programs/events. Make sure to keep your membership current so you don’t miss out on any member benefits.
Yes, you can. Lapsed members can renew online or over the phone by calling 202-827-4794.
There are over 10,000 members belonging to 23 WICT chapters across the United States, the United Kingdom and Latin America.
If you’re interested in starting your own local chapter, please contact us at email@example.com.
The more involved you get in WICT by networking, participating and attending programs and events, the more you’ll get out of your membership. You can expand your leadership skills by serving on a chapter board, local committee, mentoring and writing for the e-newsletter to name a few. In addition, you can get involved by recruiting your colleagues and peers through the recruit-a-member program. Contact your local chapter for more volunteer opportunities.
No. You may only vote for your primary chapter’s board. Additional chapter memberships allow you to attend chapter functions at the WICT chapter member price, attend a member-only chapter event, as well guarantee you receive communications. One of the main reasons to belong to additional chapters is to expand your network because you do business and travel to that area or you may have other work-related reasons.
No, memberships in WICT are by individual and when an individual leaves their position at one company, they take that membership with them.
WICT members who have been affected in response to industry consolidation and layoffs can still find support and make connections by staying involved in WICT. WICT wants to support current members who become unemployed, regardless of the circumstances. WICT offers $100 off executive and regular level member dues. Staying involved in WICT and the profession is so vital and can help accelerate opportunities for employment in the cable industry. Nearly 80% of all jobs are found through a professional network, and WICT continues to provide involvement for individuals seeking employment.
Unemployed executive or regular members who are or were current members in the past year may qualify.
Please contact WICT member services at 202-827-4794 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The direct benefit to you is continued access to your industry network, including:
- Networking at chapter and national activities and programs
- Access to the Career Center and members-only areas of our website
- Keeping in the know with chapter and national newsletters
- Guaranteed member communications on upcoming programs locally/nationally
- Member rates on local and national programs
- Attendance at members-only local events