When you encourage a colleague to join, you're sharing access to a community that provides a wealth of education and networking opportunities.
- Just ask! The person you're talking to may never have considered WICT membership as an option. It doesn't hurt to ask if they're interested in learning more about the organization.
- Send an email right now - we've made it easy for you!
- Brush up on the benefits that WICT offers members, and understand that you get out of membership what you put in. Take full advantage of what is offered to you both globally and locally.
- Whenever you can, personally deliver membership applications and member benefit materials to your recruits. If this is not possible, then send a quick email. It won't take much time out of your busy schedule.
- Be enthusiastic when you recommend a colleague. Share your first-hand experience on why you're a member of WICT and what a great investment it's been in your career.
- Follow-up is key. Don't forget to always follow-up with your member referrals and check if they have sent in their membership application. Remind them the sooner they join, the sooner they can take advantage of developing themselves as successful leaders.
- Listen to your recruit's needs and tailor your message by highlighting the WICT benefits you think they'll find most useful.
- Send your referral(s) and we'll follow up on your behalf. Submit referral(s) of colleagues who should join directly to WICT and we'll do the rest.
- If your chapter is offering an open event for members and non-members, bring your recruit so they can see first-hand the strong professional network to support their career development.
- Do it yourself. Order a list of prospective names and materials and we'll send you a recruitment kit, complete with prospective members in the geographic area you've requested along with membership applications, brochures, and a sample recruitment letter. Email email@example.com for materials.
Don't forget to always fill your name in as the recruiter when passing along
a membership application. We want to reward you for your recruiting efforts.