Washington, DC - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced its 2016 chapter award recipients. In addition, the 2017 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors were announced.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. The Chapter of the Year award is presented to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2016, the WICT Southern California Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Southeast's Denise Gough, Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, Jennifer Yohe Wagner, SVP, Procurement, Comcast, who supported the WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
"WICT's 21 domestic and international chapters deliver outstanding resources and programs that support our members' growth as leaders, personally and professionally, while also providing opportunities to foster relationships and develop lasting connections," said Nicole Edmund, WICT's Associate Vice President of Membership and Chapter Relations. "Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, are exemplary representatives of WICT."
WICT also recognizes the following 2016 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to Keely Buchanan, Senior Manager, Technology Services & Executive Communication, Charter Communications, who served as the Vice President for WICT Rocky Mountain.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Lisa Thomas, Senior Manager, Procurement, ARRIS, whose efforts supported the WICT Greater Chicago Chapter.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to the WICT Southwest Chapter.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT Florida for first place, New York for second place and Rocky Mountain for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT New York for first place, Carolinas for second place and Pacific Northwest for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to one chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local community, was presented to WICT Greater Philadelphia.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2015 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Florida, Greater Chicago, Greater Philadelphia, Heartland, New England, New York, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Southwest and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2017 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas - Charlon McIntosh, Group VP, Customer Care, Charter Communications
- Florida - Leah Brown, Director, Government & Community, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes - Nadine Heinen, VP Field Operations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago - Hilda Toscano, Manager Customer Service Strategy & Ops, Comcast
- Greater Ohio - Laura Stirling, Area Retail Sales Manager, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia - Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Greater Pittsburgh - Danielle Erringer, Senior HR Director, Comcast
- Greater Texas - Tara Whitehead Stotland, Consulting Partner, Cognizant Business Consulting
- Heartland - Anne Harris, Director Marketing & Client Solutions, Cox Media
- Midwest - Melissa Eckert, Regional Manager, World Wide Technology
- New England - Laura Ausmus, Affiliate Partnership Development & Operations Senior Analyst, Disney & ESPN Media Networks
- New York - Ron Saykin, Senior Director, Affiliate Sales & Distribution, ION Media Networks
- Northern California - Jacqueline Danielsson, Regional Commercial Construction Manager - CA, Comcast
- Pacific Northwest - Joni Pierce, Director, Business & Sales Operation, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain - Cynthia Carpenter, Vice President Product Management, Charter Communications
- Southeast - Anne Loescher, Director, Standards & Practices, Bounce TV
- Southern California - Beth Bayer, Director, Decision Analytics Sales, Experian
- Southwest - Kathy Oakes, Operations Manager, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom - Rhona Bradshaw, Director of Digital, Virgin Media
- Virginia - Angela Washington, Vice President of Customer Service, Shentel
- Washington DC/Baltimore - Stacy Hannah, CEO, MMSIA
- Carolinas - Charlene Keys, AVP, Field Ops Carolinas Region, Charter Communications
- Florida - Marva Johnson, VP, State Government Affairs - South Region, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes - Michelle Gilbert, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago - Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Ohio - Kathy Chamberlin, VP, Customer Care, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia - Jennifer Yohe Wagner, Senior Vice President, Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Pittsburgh - Jody Doherty, VP of Community Investment, Comcast
- Greater Texas - Susan Ivins, VP, Order Operations, Charter Communications
- Heartland - Jennifer Bergman, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cox Communications
- Midwest - Denise Farley, Senior Director - Revenue Asset Recovery, Mediacom
- New England - Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- New York - Kathryn McManus, Executive Consultant & Faculty Associate, Cronkite School
- Northern California - Elaine Barden, VP, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California
- Pacific Northwest - Rodrigo Lopez, VP 3, General Management, Comcast; Megan Bishop, Director of Business Operations, Finance & Account, Comcast; Danielle Wade, Vice President - Customer Service & Marketing, Charter; and Drew Bruno, Regional Vice President, Spotlight West, Comcast Spotlight
- Rocky Mountain - Keely Buchanan, Senior Manager, Technology Services & Executive Communication, Charter Communications
- Southeast - Sheri McGaughy, Founder, McGaughy Law
- Southern California - Traci Gerth, Management Consultant, Sand Cherry Associates
- Southwest - TBD
- United Kingdom - Maxine Saunders, Partner, Head of Transaction Services UK, Deloitte; Helen Scott; Kayte Herrity; Sarah Pearce, Partner, Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP; Sanjana Modha-Patel, Digital Content Producer, Scripps Networks Interactive; and Kate Bradshaw, VP Digital UK/EMEA, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Virginia - Toni Stubbs, VP, Technology, Engineering & Operations, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore - Brad Surdam, RVP, Engineering, Comcast
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in media. With over 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Charter Communications, and Turner are WICT's Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #