Chantilly, VA - Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) announced today its chapter award winners. Receiving top honor, Chapter of the Year, is the WICT New England Chapter.
WICT’s Chapter of the Year award is presented to the top performing chapter as measured by WICT’s Model Chapter Business Plan scores in areas such as programming, governance and membership. With programs such as Strategic Leadership in Action and Leading Change & Process Improvement, WICT New England embodied the WICT mission by offering meaningful professional development opportunities tailored to meet industry demands.
“WICT New England raised the bar in 2009 with a perfect Model Chapter Business Plan score,” said Lisa McBee-Granados, WICT’s Director of Chapter Services. “Their focus on building strategic partnerships and leveraging technology attracted a diverse chapter board and engaged the member community.”
Lata Chawla, WICT New England’s 2009 President, noted that every successful chapter is made up of passionate and committed individuals. “The WICT New England Chapter leveraged momentum built from our chapter’s previous successes and attracted a solid and committed base of sponsors, board members, volunteers and executive champions.”
In addition, WICT announced the following other 2009 chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter President of the Year presented to WICT Midwest’s 2009-10 President, Denise Farley, Senior Director, Division Operations, Mediacom.
- WICT Chapter Advisors of the Year for the chapter advisors who dedicated strong chapter leadership and participation, presented to WICT Greater Chicago’s Joan Gundlach, Distribution Sales Strategy and Team Development Consultant and WICT Southern California’s Gena Barnhart, Director, Marketing, NBC Universal - Digital Distribution.
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year presented to WICT Greater Texas 2006-07 Immediate Past President, Dana Gage, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Tribune Media Services.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, presented to WICT Midwest Chapter 2009 Programming and Communications Chair, Rochelle Stewart, HR Manager, SW Tech Ops & Engineering, Region Comp and HR Operations Lead, Comcast Twin Cities Region.
- WICT Most Improved Chapters for chapter growth and development from the previous year, presented to WICT Midwest, Pacific Northwest, and Northern California.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year presented to WICT Washington, D.C./Baltimore for first place, New England for second place and Midwest for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program, presented to WICT Atlanta for first place, Rocky Mountain for second place and New York for third place.
- WICT Chapter Enterprise Award presented to chapters who formed new and lasting partnerships within the industry and with local academic institutions, presented to WICT Atlanta for first place, Greater Chicago for second place and Washington, D.C./Baltimore for third place.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow award honoring chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by embracing the WICT vision and achieved 85 or more points on the 2009 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan. This award was presented to WICT Atlanta, Greater Chicago, Greater Florida, Greater Texas, Michigan, Midwest, New England, New Mexico – Arizona, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Greater Philadelphia, Rocky Mountain, Southern California, Virginia and Washington, D.C./Baltimore.
For thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide leadership programs and services, and create professional advancement opportunities for women. With over 7,800 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast, Rainbow, Time Warner Cable and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. are WICT’s Strategic Partners. Please visit www.wict.org for more information.