Chantilly, VA - WICT today announced the members of the 2011 WICT Board of Directors. Kathy Payne, Vice President, Content Acquisition, Cox Communications, will succeed Ellen East, Executive Vice President/Chief Communications Officer, Time Warner Cable, as Chair of the WICT Board of Directors. East will remain a member of the executive committee through 2011 in the role of Immediate Past Chair.
WICT also announced that five individuals will join the board for the first time in 2011 as Directors-at-Large, including Jocelyn Cooley, Vice President, Human Resources, BET Networks; Samantha Cooper, Senior Vice President, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV Networks; Aimee Doane, Vice President of Operations, Suddenlink; Gail MacKinnon, EVP & Chief Government Relations Officer, Time Warner Cable; and Paula Wagner, Director, Turner Studios. The WICT Board of Directors is comprised of individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and represents various facets of the industry. A full listing of the board appears below.
"We are honored to welcome the distinguished 2011 WICT Board of Directors," said Maria E. Brennan, WICT President and CEO. "The tremendous experience and insight they offer from their respective fields will be invaluable to the more than 8,100 members of WICT. Their vision and leadership will help guide our organization to a new level in 2011 as we strive toward a promising future for women in cable telecommunications."
"I'm delighted with the caliber and commitment of this year's board of directors," said Kathy Payne, Chair. "I am looking forward to leading the board for the next two years, as WICT continues to provide the industry with valuable professional development programs and resources, from both a national level and through our 20 chapters across the country."
Kathy Payne joined Cox Communications in 1993 and is presently responsible for video content negotiations for over 100 cable networks distributed across multiple platforms to millions of Cox customers. She is a graduate of Class X of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute, WICT's premier executive leadership program for women executives, and has been a member of the WICT Board of Directors since 2007. Multichannel News and the WICT New York Chapter honored Payne as one of the 2009 Wonder Women, and she has been included on CableFAX's "Most Powerful Women in Cable" list four times since 2006.
Jocelyn Cooley is Vice President of Talent Management at BET Networks. She is a strategic partner in transforming BET's approach to human capital management. She is also a member of the Viacom HR leadership team that develops HR strategy and practices across the Viacom enterprise.
Samantha Cooper, Senior Vice President, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV Networks, leads the sales strategy, distribution and marketing efforts for MTVN/BETN and EPIX. Cooper negotiates agreements with accounts representing more than 50% of total affiliate license fee revenue for Viacom. She is a graduate of WICT's Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (Class XXIII).
Aimee Doane is Vice President of Operations for Suddenlink Communications' West Region. Doane has been an active WICT member since 2008, serving for two terms as the WICT Greater Texas Membership Chair and most recently the Chapter President. She is a graduate of the WICT Rising Leaders Program and Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (Class XX). She has been designated to fill the Emerging Leader position on the board.
Gail MacKinnon is Executive Vice President and Chief Government Relations Officer for Time Warner Cable. In this capacity she oversees all of the company's federal and state public policy activities. At its October 2010 Touchstones of Leadership event, the WICT DC/Baltimore Chapter presented MacKinnon with its Geraldine B. Laybourne "Fearless" Award.
Paula Wagner, Director, Turner Studios, will fill the Chapter Leader position on the WICT Board of Directors. As such she will serve as a liaison from the WICT national board to the 20 local chapters. In her current role at Turner Studios, Wagner works with executive management on technology, strategy, and planning.
2011 WICT Board of Directors
- Chair: Kathy Payne, VP, Content Acquisition, Cox Communications
- Immediate Past Chair: Ellen East, EVP, Chief Communications Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Treasurer: Mary Meduski, EVP & CFO, Suddenlink Communications
- Chapter Development Chair: Martha Soehren, Chief Learning Officer, Comcast Cable
- Strategic Planning Chair: Salaam Coleman Smith, President, Style Network
- Development Chair: Kim Martin, President & GM, WE tv
- Governance Chair: Landel Hobbs
- Maria E. Brennan, President & CEO, Women in Cable Telecommunications
- Sean Bratches, EVP, Sales and Marketing, ESPN
- Sherita Ceasar, VP, Cross Platform & Engineering Services, Comcast Cable
- Jocelyn Cooley, VP, Human Resources, BET Networks
- Samantha Cooper, SVP, Content Distribution & Marketing, MTV Networks
- Aimee Doane, VP, Operations, Suddenlink, Emerging Leader Designee
- Nancy Dubuc, President & GM, Lifetime Networks & History
- Melani Griffith, SVP, Programming & Video Services, Insight Communications
- Sandy Howe, SVP, Strategic Market Development, ARRIS
- Marva Johnson, VP, Technology Policy & Industry Affairs, Bright House
- Gail MacKinnon, Chief Government Relations Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Mary Murano, EVP, TV Network Distribution, NBC Universal
- Chris Powell, EVP, Human Resources, Scripps Networks
- Shirley Powell, EVP, Corporate Communications, The Weather Channel
- Kelly Regal, EVP, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Adria Alpert Romm, SEVP, Human Resources, Discovery Communications
- Gemma Toner, SVP, Strategic Market Development, Cablevision
- Paula Wagner, Director, Turner Studios, Chapter Leader Designee
For over thirty years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research, and services that help advance women in cable media. With over 8,100 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast, Rainbow/WE tv, Time Warner Cable and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. are WICT's Strategic Partners. Please visit www.wict.org for more information.