For Immediate Release:
WICT Midwest Chapter receives the Chapter of the Year award; WICT Florida’s Leah Brown named Chapter President of the Year; WICT Rocky Mountain’s Keely Buchanan named Chapter Advisor of the Year
Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has announced its 2018 chapter award recipients as well as the esteemed volunteer leaders who will serve as the 2019 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. WICT presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2018, the WICT Midwest Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Florida’s Leah Brown, Director, Government & Community Strategy, Charter Communications; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, Keely Buchanan, Senior Manager, Employee Experience, Charter Communications, who supported the WICT Rocky Mountain Chapter.
“WICT’s 24 domestic and international chapters are an essential touchpoint for our members across the globe, enabling them to foster relationships and develop lasting connections to support their growth as leaders,” said Jen Neal, EVP, Marketing, Executive Producer, Live Events, E! Entertainment, and Chapter Development Chair on the WICT Global Board of Directors. “Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, are exemplary representatives of WICT.”
WICT also recognizes the following 2018 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to Christine Rodocker, Vice President, Distribution & Consumer Marketing, INSP, who served as the Vice President for WICT Carolinas.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Sandy Weicher, Vice President Customer Care, Comcast, whose efforts supported the WICT New England Chapter.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to the WICT Greater Ohio Chapter.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT Great Lakes for first place, Greater Pittsburgh for second place and Rocky Mountain for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT Florida for first place, New York for second place and Washington DC/Baltimore for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to two chapters that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local communities, was presented to WICT New York and Virginia.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2018 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Florida, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Heartland, Midwest, New England, New York, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southwest and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2019 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas – Jonica Hartman, Senior Manager, Program Management, Spectrum Reach
- Europe – Emma Lyon, Vice President, People, Liberty Global
- Florida – Sonja Craparo, Account Executive, FOX Sports Florida
- Great Lakes – Monica Drake-Love, Community Accounts Manager, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Sara Elias, Account Executive, Comcast
- Greater Memphis-Jackson – Tonya Thompson, Regional General Manager, MaxxSouth Broadband
- Greater Ohio – Stephanie Shawler, Project Manager, Healthcare, Spectrum Enterprise
- Greater Philadelphia – Lisa Vetere, Senior Director, Finance Operations, Comcast Cable
- Greater Pittsburgh – Danielle Erringer, Senior HR Director, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Nikia Farria-Green, Director, Business Assurance, Comcast
- Heartland – Anne Harris, Director, Marketing & Client Solutions, Cox Media
- Latin America – Fernanda Merodio, Senior Director, Distribution, Hemisphere Media Group
- Midwest – Lisa Neuwirth, Senior Director, Strategic Readiness Office, Charter Communications
- New England – Donna Capone, Manager, Remote Production Operations, ESPN
- New York – Mary Susan Schilling, Media Consultant
- Northern California – Jillian Harvey, Permitting Construction Manager, Comcast
- Pacific Northwest – Abbie O’Dell, Manager, Regional Training Delivery, Charter Communications
- Rocky Mountain – Kukis Moran, Director, XOC, Comcast
- Southeast – LaShaun Solomon, Community Account Representative, Comcast
- Southern California – Ellen Schned, Consultant
- Southwest – Penny Grandon, Senior Manager, Network Facilities MTC Operations SWR, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Julie Agnew, Director, Connect, Virgin Media
- Virginia – Shinese Collins, Senior Marketing Manager, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – MacKenzie Roebuck-Walsh, Senior Director Sales and Marketing, Comcast
- Carolinas – Charlene Keys, AVP, Field Ops Carolinas Region, Charter Communications
- Florida – Marva Johnson, Vice President, State Government Affairs – South Region, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes – Michelle Gilbert, Vice President, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Debra Piscola, Senior Director, Government Affairs, Comcast
- Greater Memphis-Jackson – Jennifer Sims, CEO, Power & Telephone Supply Company
- Greater Ohio – Shannon Atkinson, RVP, Field Operations, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia – Jennifer Yohe Wagner, Senior Vice President, Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Pittsburgh – Sherry Ott, Senior Manager, Technical Product Owners, Charter Communications
- Greater Texas – Shameka Young, Consulting Partner, Cognizant
- Heartland – Kristin Peck, Vice President, Public Affairs, Cox Communications
- Latin America – María Lizarraga Iriarte, Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones
- Midwest – Pamela Hermann, Vice President, Project Management & Escalations, Altice USA
- New England – Lori LeBas, SVP, Distribution Operations and Marketing, The Walt Disney Company
- New York – Sandy Ashendorf, Principal, UWS Strategies
- Northern California – Tiffany Stuart, President, Dynamic Office & Accounting Solutions
- Pacific Northwest – Doug George, Senior Director, Brand Distribution, Turner Content Distribution
- Rocky Mountain – Keely Buchanan, Senior Manager, Employee Experience, Charter Communications
- Southeast – Sheri McGaughy, Founder, McGaughy Law
- Southern California – Helene Juceam, Local Sales Manager, Spectrum Reach
- Southwest – Shawn Duncan, Vice President, SWR Field Ops, Cox Communications
- Virginia – Toni Stubbs, Vice President, Technology, Engineering & Operations, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Rob Stoddard, SVP, Industry & Association Affairs, NCTA
About WICT (Women in Cable Telecommunications)
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,500 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Twitter for more information.
# # #