For Immediate Release:
WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter receives Chapter of the Year; Fernanda Merodio, WICT Latin America, named Chapter President of the Year and Marge Jackson, WICT Greater Philadelphia, named Chapter Advisor of the Year
Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has announced its 2019 chapter award recipients.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. WICT presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2019, the WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Latin America’s Fernanda Merodio, Senior Director, Distribution, Hemisphere Media Group; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, WICT Greater Philadelphia’s Marge Jackson, SVP, National Call Center Sales, Comcast.
“Our chapters serve an integral role in achieving our mission of developing women leaders by providing local professional development and networking opportunities for our members domestically and internationally,” said Hassana Howe, WICT Global’s VP of Member and Chapter Development. “Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, work diligently year-round to deliver impactful events that are aligned with WICT’s core values.”
WICT also recognizes the following 2019 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leaders of the Year was presented to Georgia Jones, Senior Legal Counsel – Programming, Virgin Media, who served as the Programming Chair for WICT United Kingdom and Nancy Allen, Account Executive—Xfinity Communities, Comcast, who served as the Director of Leadership and Development for WICT Great Lakes.
- WICT Chapter Volunteers of the Year, awarded to individuals who have shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Sesaneen Allen, Customer Insight Specialist, Process Management, Charter Communications, whose efforts supported WICT Carolinas and Alexandra Piña, Senior Manager, DeSales Media, of WICT New York.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to WICT Greater Pittsburgh.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT Greater Philadelphia for first place, Heartland for second place and WICT New York and Southern California tied for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT Rocky Mountain for first place, Midwest for second place and Greater Chicago for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to a chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local communities, was presented to WICT Southeast.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2019 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Europe, Florida, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Pittsburgh, Heartland, New York, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, United Kingdom, Virginia, and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,500 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Twitter for more information.