For Immediate Release:
The WICT Network: Pacific Northwest and Southern California Chapters receive Chapter of the Year; Terri Rice, The WICT Network: Heartland, named Chapter President of the Year, and Rob Stoddard, The WICT Network: Washington DC/Baltimore, named Chapter Advisor of the Year.
The WICT Network: Pacific Northwest and Southern California Chapters receive
Chapter of the Year; Terri Rice, The WICT Network: Heartland, named
Chapter President of the Year, and Rob Stoddard, The WICT Network:
Washington DC/Baltimore, named Chapter Advisor of the Year
Washington, DC – The WICT Network has announced its 2021 chapter award recipients.
The WICT Network chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines provided in the MCBP. The WICT Network presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2021, The WICT Network: Pacific Northwest and Southern California Chapters earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
The WICT Network also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, The WICT Network: Heartland’s Terri Rice, Sr. Manager, Marketing, Cox Communications Inc.; and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, The WICT Network: Washington DC/Baltimore’s Rob Stoddard, Former SVP, Industry & Association Affairs, NCTA.
“Our 24 domestic and international chapters are integral to achieving our mission of developing women leaders,” said Kristin Edwards, The WICT Network’s VP, Member and Chapter Development. “In the face of an ongoing pandemic, their dedication has been exemplary and inspiring to witness. We are proud to highlight their contributions.”
The WICT Network also recognizes the following 2021 Chapter honorees:
- Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to Renee Uram, General Manager, Armstrong Group, who served as Membership Chair for The WICT Network: Greater Pittsburgh.
- Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of The WICT Network, was presented to Raquenel Garcia, Director of Product Insights, Charter Communications, who served as Sponsorship Chair for The WICT Network: Rocky Mountain.
- Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to The WICT Network: Pacific Northwest.
- Chapter Programming Excellence was presented to The WICT Network: Southeast for first place, Heartland for second place and Carolinas for third place.
- Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful mentoring program was presented to The WICT Network: New York for first place, Midwest for second place and Greater Philadelphia for third place.
- Community Service Award, awarded to a chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local communities, was presented to The WICT Network: Greater Ohio.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters that helped their members achieve their full potential by earning 90 or more points on the 2021 Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to The WICT Network: Carolinas, Florida, Greater Chicago, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Pittsburgh, Heartland, Midwest, New England, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Virginia and Washington DC/Baltimore.
About The WICT Network
The WICT Network is a nonpartisan organization whose mission is to create women leaders that transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For more than 40 years, The WICT Network has partnered with media, entertainment and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members strong, The WICT Network is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in media. Charter Communications and Comcast NBCUniversal are The WICT Network’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICTHQ on Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter for more information.