For Immediate Release:
Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced its 2015 Chapter award recipients. In addition, the 2016 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors were announced.
The WICT Chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. The Chapter of the Year award is presented to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2015, the WICT Southeast Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Greater Chicago’s Katy Weber, Director, HR, Comcast and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, Jennifer Bergman, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cox Communications, who supported the WICT Heartland Chapter.
"WICT’s 21 domestic and international chapters deliver outstanding resources and programs that support our members’ growth as leaders, personally and professionally, while also providing opportunities to foster relationships and develop lasting connections," said Nicole Edmund, WICT’s Associate Vice President of Membership and Chapter Relations. "Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, are exemplary representatives of WICT."
WICT also recognizes the following 2015 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to Leah Brown, Senior Manager, Government & Public Affairs, Bright House Networks, who served as the Programming Chair for WICT Florida.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Elizabeth Moorhead, Project Manager 4, Project Management, Comcast, whose efforts supported the WICT Rocky Mountain Chapter.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was a tie between the WICT Florida and Heartland Chapters.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT New England for first place, Greater Philadelphia for second place and Washington, DC/Baltimore for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT Carolinas for first place, New York for second place and Greater Philadelphia for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to one chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local community, was presented to WICT Carolinas.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2015 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Florida, Greater Chicago, Greater Ohio, Greater Philadelphia, Midwest, New England, New York, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southern California, Southwest, and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2016 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas – Charlon McIntosh, Group VP, Customer Care, Time Warner Cable
- Florida – Steven Sussman, Director, Affiliate Relations, HSN
- Great Lakes – Nadine Heinen, VP Field Operations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Hilda Toscano, Manager Customer Care, Comcast
- Greater Ohio – Laura Stirling, Sales and Service Center Manager, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia – Tracey Kopper-Hourin, Executive Director, Human Resources, Comcast
- Greater Pittsburgh – Catherine Haluschak, Director of Billing, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Tara Whitehead Stotland, Principal, Woodcote Management Associates
- Heartland – Jada Roberts, Manager, Customer Experience, Cox Communications
- Midwest – Erin Lorenz, Senior Director, IT, CAO Technology, Suddenlink Communications
- New England – Laura Ausmus, Business Operations Senior Analyst, ESPN
- New York – Valerie Grubb, Operations Consultant and Trainer, Val Grubb & Associates, Ltd.
- Northern California – Lillian Casares, Senior Director, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Pac-12 Networks
- Pacific Northwest – Joni Pierce, Manager 2, Business Operations, Comcast
- Rocky Mountain – Cynthia Carpenter, Vice President Product Management, Charter Communications
- Southeast – Denise Gough, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Southern California – Helene Juceam, General Manager, LA-West, Time Warner Cable Media
- Southwest – Kathy Oakes, Operations Manager, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Helen Scott, Vice President, People, Liberty Global
- Virginia – Angela Washington, Vice President of Customer Service, Shentel
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Monica Lucero, VP, Strategic Account Development, MBO Partners
- Carolinas – Charlene Keys, Area VP, Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Florida – TBD
- Great Lakes – Michelle Gilbert, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Ohio – Kathy Chamberlin, VP, Customer Care, Time Warner Cable
- Greater Philadelphia – Jennifer Yohe Wagner, Senior Vice President, Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Pittsburgh – Jody Doherty, VP of Community Investment, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Aimee Doane, VP of Network Operations, Suddenlink
- Heartland – Jennifer Bergman, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Midwest – Denise Farley, Senior Director – Revenue Asset Recovery, Mediacom
- New England – Julie Sobieski, VP, League Sports Programming, ESPN
- New York – TBD
- Northern California – Elaine Barden, VP, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California
- Pacific Northwest – Marian Jackson, Director of Government Relations, Charter Communications
- Rocky Mountain – Lisa Panepinto, Vice President, Comcast Business Services, Comcast
- Southeast – Sheri McGaughy, Founder, McGaughy Law
- Southern California – Traci Gerth, Business Operations Strategist, Sand Cherry Associates
- Southwest – Kimber Hanrahan, Director, Learning Delivery – West, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Maxine Saunders, Partner, Corporate Finance TMT Leader, Deloitte
- Virginia – Toni Stubbs, VP, Technology, Engineering & Operations, Cox Communications
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Linette Hwu, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner and Suddenlink Communications are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.