For Immediate Release:
Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has announced its 2017 chapter award recipients as well as the esteemed volunteer leaders who will serve as the 2018 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan (MCBP), and chapters earn points for performance that meets or exceeds guidelines laid out in the MCBP. WICT presents the Chapter of the Year award to the top performing chapter(s) as measured by MCBP scores in areas such as programming, marketing and communications, governance and membership. For 2017, the WICT Heartland Chapter earned the most possible points and received the Chapter of the Year award.
WICT also recognized the Chapter President of the Year, WICT Heartland’s Anne Harris, Director, Marketing and Client Solutions, Cox Media, and the Chapter Advisor of the Year, Sheri McGaughy, Founder & Principal, McGaughy Law, who supported the WICT Southeast Chapter.
"WICT’s 23 domestic and international chapters provide numerous opportunities to foster relationships and develop lasting connections through resources and programs that support our members’ growth as leaders, personally and professionally," said Sandra Howe, SVP & General Manager, Consumer Products Group, ARRIS, and Chapter Development Chair on the WICT Global Board of Directors. "Our honorees, both individuals and chapters, are exemplary representatives of WICT."
WICT also recognizes the following 2017 Chapter honorees:
- WICT Chapter Leader of the Year was presented to LaShaun Solomon, Community Account Representative, Comcast, who served as the Senior Director of Partnership for WICT Southeast.
- WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year, awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, was presented to Lorelei Pate, Project Manager, Voice & IP Operations Charter Communications, whose efforts supported the WICT DC/Baltimore Chapter.
- WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, was presented to the WICT Heartland Chapter.
- WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year was presented to WICT Florida for first place, Southeast for second place and Rocky Mountain for third place.
- WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program was presented to WICT Heartland for first place, Florida for second place and Carolinas for third place.
- WICT Community Service Award, awarded to one chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to giving back to their local community, was presented to WICT Greater Chicago.
- Inspire and Others Will Follow Award, which honors chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by achieving 90 or more points on the 2017 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan, was presented to WICT Carolinas, Florida, Heartland, New England, Rocky Mountain, Southeast, Southwest and Washington DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2018 Chapter Presidents and Chapter Advisors.
- Carolinas – Jonica Hartman, Senior Project Manager, Spectrum Reach
- Florida – Leah Brown, Director, Government & Community Strategy, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes – Monica Drake-Carter, Community Accounts Manager, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Sara Webb, Account Executive, Comcast
- Greater Memphis-Jackson – Jennifer Sims, CEO, Power & Telephone Supply Company
- Greater Ohio – Stephanie Shawler, Project Manager, Healthcare, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia – Zenita Henderson, Sr. Director, Marketing Operations & Business Development, SCTE•ISBE
- Greater Pittsburgh – Danielle Erringer, Senior HR Director, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Nikia Farria-Green, Director, Business Assurance, Comcast
- Heartland – Anne Harris, Director Marketing & Client Solutions, Cox Media
- Latin America – Fernanda Merodio, Senior Director, Distribution, Hemisphere Media Group
- Midwest – Melissa Eckert, Director of Sales, MSO, World Wide Technology
- New England – Donna Capone, Manager, Remote Production Operations, ESPN
- New York – Monica Bloom, SVP, General Manager, Tribeca Shortlist
- Northern California – Jacqueline Danielsson, Regional Manager, Commercial Construction, Comcast
- Pacific Northwest – Whitney Joly
- Rocky Mountain – Katherine Kirchner, Vice President – Care and Operations, Comcast – Xfinity Mobile
- Southeast – Jamie Miller, Director, Program Planning, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Southern California – Ellen Schned, Consultant
- Southwest – Penny Grandon, Senior Manager, MTC Operations SWR, Cox Communications
- United Kingdom – Rhona Bradshaw, VP, Customer Experience Transformation, Liberty Global
- Virginia – Angela Washington, Vice President of Customer Service, Shentel
- Washington DC/Baltimore – Stacy Hannah, CEO, MMSIA
- Carolinas – Charlene Keys, AVP, Field Ops Carolinas Region, Charter Communications
- Florida – Marva Johnson, Regional VP, State Government Affairs, Charter Communications
- Great Lakes – Michelle Gilbert, VP, Public Relations, Comcast
- Greater Chicago – Jill Meinzer, VP, Technical Services, ARRIS
- Greater Memphis-Jackson – Kate McNeel, Chief of Staff, Telecommunications Industry Business, SAP
- Greater Ohio – Shannon Atkinson, Area Vice President, Operations, Charter Communications
- Greater Philadelphia – Jennifer Yohe Wagner, Senior Vice President, Procurement, Comcast
- Greater Texas – Tara Whitehead Stotland, Consulting Partner, Cognizant Business Consulting
- Heartland – Jennifer Bergman, Executive Director, Executive Director, Operations Process Management, Cox Communications
- Midwest – Pamela Hermann, Vice President Performance Management, Altice USA
- New England – Lori LeBas, SVP, Affiliate Partnership Development and Operations, Disney and ESPN Media Networks and Doreen Studley, Vice President, Marketing, Cox Communications
- New York – Ingrid Simunic, Ph.D.
- Northern California – Anju Ahuja, Vice President, CableLabs; Elaine Barden, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Comcast California; Ingrid Nelson, Regional Vice President, Comcast Spotlight; Tiffany Stuart, President, Dynamic Office & Accounting Solutions and Kalpa Subramanian, Sr. Director of Engineering, Comcast
- Pacific Northwest – Megan Bishop, VP, Finance & Accounting, Comcast; Drew Bruno, Regional Vice President, Spotlight West, Comcast Spotlight;Doug George, Senior Director, Brand Revenue & Account Management, Turner Content Distribution; Rodrigo Lopez, VP 3, General Management, Comcast and Danielle Wade, Area Vice President, Pacific Northwest, Charter Communications
- Rocky Mountain – Keely Buchanan, Senior Manager, Technology Services & Executive Communication, Charter Communications
- Southeast – Sheri McGaughy, Founder & Principal, McGaughy Law
- Southwest – Kathy Oakes, Operations Manager, Cox Communications
- Virginia – Toni Stubbs, VP, Technology, Engineering & Operations, Cox Communications
Washington DC/Baltimore – Rob Stoddard, SVP, Industry & Association Affairs, NCTA
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For nearly 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Comcast NBCUniversal and Charter Communications are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #