For Immediate Release:
Washington, DC – Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) today announced a superlative roster of experts who will take part in the 2015 WICT Leadership Conference. The Leadership Conference will be held September 28-29 at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square as the cable industry converges in New York to commemorate Diversity Week.
The WICT program includes the following high-level business executives, personalities, business and leadership experts:
Cable Executives and Personalities
- Judi Allen, SVP, Client Business Partner, MVPD’s, Nielsen
- Sharon Alston, VP, Human Resources, TV One
- Kenetta Bailey, Managing Partner, Chief Brand Strategist, Maxus, a GroupM agency
- Kim Bondy, SVP, Programs & Documentaries, Al Jazeera America
- Sherita Ceasar, SVP, National Video Deployment Engineering, Comcast Communications
- David L. Cohen, EVP & Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation
- Italia Commisso Weinand, EVP, Programming & HR, Mediacom Communications Corp.
- Jocelyn Cooley, SVP, Human Resources, Viacom
- Terry Cordova, SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Engineering, Suddenlink Communications
- Margaret Craig, CEO, Signiant
- Kristin Dolan, Chief Operating Officer, Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Patrick Esser, President, Cox Communications
- Tamara Franklin, EVP, Digital, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Cynthia Gibson, EVP & Chief Legal Officer, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Joan Gillman, EVP & COO, Media Services, Time Warner Cable
- Stacy Green, SVP, Global HR & Facilities, A+E Networks
- Leslye Headland, American Playwright, Screenwriter & Director, IFC Films
- Lisa Hook, President & CEO, Neustar, Inc.
- Sandra Howe, SVP, Global Marketing, ARRIS Group, Inc.
- Danette Johnson, Lead Learning & Organizational Development Consultant, People Development, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Marva Johnson, Corporate VP, Government & Industry Affairs, Bright House Networks
- Sandra Kapell, EVP, Human Resources & Administration, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Hoda Kotb, Co-Host, NBC’s TODAY
- Stacy London, Host, TLC’s Love, Lust, or Run
- Gail MacKinnon, EVP & Chief Government Relations Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Suzanne Malveaux, Anchor, CNN
- Janet Manzullo, GVP, Talent Acquisition & Movement, Time Warner Cable
- Merrylue Martin, VP, Comcast University – West Division, Comcast
- Mary Meduski, EVP & Chief Financial Officer, Suddenlink Communications
- Stephanie Mitchko, COO & CTO, Cross MediaWorks
- Susan Packard, Author; Co-Founder, HGTV & Scripps Networks Interactive
- Maria Popo, President & Chief Business Officer, Ubee Interactive, Inc.
- Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
- Jane Rice, SVP, Distribution, A+E Networks
- Michelle Rice, EVP, Content Distribution & Marketing, TV One
- Paul Richardson, SVP, Human Resources, ESPN & Chief Diversity Officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Colette Rubio, SVP, Information Technology, Home Box Office, Inc.
- Lisa Schwartz, EVP, Distribution, Operations & Business Development, Sundance Selects & IFC Films
- Veronica Sheehan, Senior Global Media Executive
- Egypt Sherrod, HGTV Host; Author & Speaker; CEO, The Egypt Sherrod Real Estate Group
- Prim Siripipat, Anchor, ESPN
- Misty Skedgell, Principal, Skedgell Communications
- Martha Soehren, Chief Talent Development Officer & SVP, Comcast University
- Marinella Soldi, President & Managing Director, Discovery Networks Southern Europe, Discovery Communications
- Melody Tan, SVP, Strategy & Business Operations, Content Distribution & Marketing, Viacom Media Networks
Business & Leadership Experts and Researchers
- Liz Bentley, President, Liz Bentley Associates
- Deborah Brecher, Managing Director, Management Consulting, Accenture
- Shannon Cassidy, Founder and CEO, bridge between, inc.
- Dany Garcia, Co-Founder, Seven Bucks Entertainment; Founder, The Garcia Companies
- Laura Garnett, Performance Strategist, Garnett Consulting, LLC
- Thao Hoang, SVP, Business Development, Defy Media
- Henna Inam, CEO, Transformational Leadership Inc.
- Joelle Jay, Principal, Leadership Research Institute
- Meagan Johnson, Generational Humorist & Trainer, Johnson Training Group
- Joanne Miller, Inspiration Champion & Owner, i2i Results
- Lisa Modisette, Business Solutions Executive, NetCracker
- Terri Moore, Sr. Consultant, Leadership & Talent, Korn Ferry International
- Joe Navarro, President, JNForensics, LLC
- Wendy Robison, Learning & Development Program Manager, Etsy
- Jamie Shapiro, Executive Coach & Nutritionist; CEO, ConnectedEC
- Susan Tabor-Kleiman, JD, Founder, Your Professional Writer
- Stevie Toepke, Lead Consultant, The Frontier Project
- Laura Vanderkam, Author & Researcher, I Know How She Does It
- Carol Watson, Founder / Chief Thriver, ThriveV.com; Tangerine Watson, Inc.
As part of the Leadership Conference activities, WICT will honor the 2015 Woman of the Year and Women to Watch, respectively:
- Ellen East, EVP & Chief Communications Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Bernadette Aulestia, EVP of Global Distribution Operations, HBO
- Rachel Welch, Group Vice President of Government Relations, Time Warner Cable
"WICT is thrilled to have such a remarkable lineup of renowned speakers from a variety of fields joining us for WICT’s Leadership Conference," said Conference Chair Martha Soehren, Chief Talent Development Officer & SVP, Comcast University & Comcast Cable. She added, "The conference planning committee has been diligently working to create a program that will educate and inspire our participants, as we continue to add to this impressive list of speakers."
The WICT Leadership Conference is one of the preeminent continuing education opportunities for cable professionals. The conference will include keynote remarks, interactive workshops, expert panels, mentoring and coaching sessions, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. The complete schedule and speaker lineup can be found at www.wictconference.org.
President & CEO of WICT, Maria E. Brennan, CAE, noted, "In addition to WICT’s activities, we are proud to showcase the results of the NAMIC and WICT joint employment surveys, AIM and PAR. Top line results from the survey will be featured in a joint Town Hall Meeting during Diversity Week. Additional details are forthcoming."
WICT gratefully recognizes the following Leadership Conference supporters:
Platinum Sponsor Comcast NBCUniversal; Bronze Sponsor Suddenlink Communications; and Champion Sponsors HBO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and TV One; Industry Partner, The Walter Kaitz Foundation, as well as IFC Films for their Premier Sponsorship of the 2015 WICT Touchstones Luncheon.
To register for the conference, visit www.wictconference.org.
For over thirty-five years, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) has partnered with cable and telecommunications leaders to provide professional development programs, research and services that help advance women in cable media. With 10,000 members, WICT is the oldest and largest professional association serving women in the cable and telecommunications industry. Comcast NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Suddenlink Communications are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.
# # #