2022 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute (BMGI):
Creating Change Through Human-Centered Leadership
Registration now open for 2022!
Created by The WICT Network and developed in partnership with top-ranking executive education institutes, the Betsy Magness Graduate Institute (BMGI) is designed anew annually to build upon the BMLI curriculum providing graduates with the latest tools, techniques and disciplines to hone their business strategies. All the while, the Graduate Institute allows participants to connect and reconnect with BMLI alumnae —a powerful B2B network.
From the Great Resignation and hybrid work norms to a renewed focus on racial justice and gender equity, organizations and leaders around the globe are navigating critical, day-to-day realities that demand more time and attention than ever before. With five generations working side-by-side in today’s workplace, understanding how to engage and retain employees has never been more critical.
The 2022 BMGI program and its focus on human-centered leadership is grounded in key principles of neuroscience and groundbreaking global research conducted by our faculty partners from the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL). Through an interactive, practical and experiential program, you will gain a deeper understanding of human-centered leadership. As a BMGI participant, you will:
- Explore four core behaviors applied to real workplace challenges to build trust, fuel collaboration and enable better business outcomes.
- Delve into what is required of future leaders, including the personal, interpersonal and societal barriers young professionals are facing when pursuing leadership positions.
- Take away fresh recommendations and three strategies on how to design and provide emerging leaders with the meaningful and effective developmental opportunities they need to grow in today’s workplace.
A Salute to Diversity Champion Sara King
Join us as we celebrate the impact Sara has made on us all, as she retires from the BMLI Faculty.
In addition, you will learn how to:
- Act with greater agility and resilience while addressing issues with openness and respect
- Transform performance management with everyday conversations that matter
- Break down silos and communication barriers
- Prioritize and implement strategies for developing the next generation of leaders entering the workforce
- Graduate of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute
- “Being with the Betsy community in general! The connection back to the coaches, classwork / experience that we revisit at BMGI, it’s always a boost and great check-in to all the takeaways from our formal session.” – SVP, Content Distribution & Strategy, Crown Media
- “I really enjoy the content programmed for this event. It’s a great refresher to listen and share experiences with other powerful women in media and great reminder of all the tools available at our disposal to live an intentional and purposeful life.” – VP, Content Distribution, NBCUniversal
- “Inspiring, rejuvenating, useful (clear actions, tools, takeaways), heartfelt, connecting. Overall fantastic!” AND “BMGI is a very carefully thought-out program and well-paced with facilitated discussions and clear ‘assignments’. Overall fantastic!” – SVP, A+E Networks
- “BMLI/BMGI is a well-organized and maintained program. I’m very proud to be a part of it and hope it will continue to train up more talented women leaders in our industry” – VP, Outsourcing Strategy and Support & eCare, Comcast
A Look Back at 2021