Applications for the 2019/2020 program are now OPEN.
With the support of a grant from the Walter Kaitz Foundation, WICT is pleased to offer one scholarship to participate in the 2019/2020 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute. The intention of the scholarship is to assist women working in companies that couldn’t otherwise afford to pay for their participation in the program. The scholarship will cover the following costs involved with the program:
- Program Application Fee – 90% of the Program Registration Fee: participant company responsible for 10%
- Travel allowance to cover:
- Round-trip Airfare: advanced purchase economy ticket
- Hotel Accommodations for each of the five sessions
- Ground Transportation, Parking, Tips
- Meals: meal expenses for meals not included in the program.
To apply for the scholarship, as a candidate you must be employed by a company which is an NCTA member and meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Candidate working at a cable operating company must have 250,000 subscribers or below;
- Candidate’s place of employment must be geographically outside of a major metropolitan area;
- Candidate must work in a company employing 200 or less employees;
- Candidate must work at a company which is independently owned and not publicly traded.
All scholarship applicants are required to complete the normal BMLI Online Application and HR Approval Form as well as a Scholarship Application Form. Applying for a scholarship does not automatically ensure you a seat in the program. Your BMLI application will be reviewed and assessed within the pool of all BMLI applications received, as part of our normal process. Should you be accepted into the program but not awarded a scholarship you may choose to attend and pay on your own or you may decline the seat in the program.
We will accept scholarship applicants through Tuesday, March 5. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship you must have the approval and support of the appropriate HR contact in your company. If you are planning to apply for a scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application Form and return it to Megan Marksberry, email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than Tuesday, February 19, and complete your BMLI application online by 1:00pm EST, Tuesday, March 5.
Steps to apply:
- Check with your HR department to receive approval to apply to the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI).Complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form. Return it as soon as possible, no later than Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Complete your Corporate Approval Form and return it by February 19, 2019.
- Complete your online BMLI application and submit it no later than 1:00 pm EST, Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Download a version of the 2019 BMLI Application in Microsoft Word. (NOTE: This form is only intended to be a guide to developing your answers–the actual application must be submitted using our online system).
- Scholarship applicants are not required to pay the application fee. As a final step in your online application you will be asked to submit your application fee and given a choice of “pay by credit card” or “pay by check.” Select the pay by check option. An invoice will be generated which you can discard. Your application fee will be covered by the Walter Kaitz Foundation grant.
WICT thanks the Walter Kaitz Foundation for its generous support.