Due to high traffic on our application website, we are experiencing some delays with application submission. As a result, we are extending the application deadline to noon on Monday, February 8. If you experience any issues over the weekend, please email Megan Marksberry at email@example.com.
The 2016/2017 Academic Year
Applications for the 2016/2017 Betsy Magness Leadership Institute Classes 34 and 35 must be received by February 5, 2016, 3:00 pm (Eastern).
About the Program: BMLI, produced in partnership with The Center for Creative Leadership, serves as the gold-standard leadership development program for women in cable. This year, the program will spotlight "Strong Leadership in the Midst of Constant Change."
Where and When: Fellows will attend a week-long orientation in the Fall, as well as four 2-day sessions throughout the nine-month program. The Orientation Week will be held September 11-16, 2016 (for Class 34) and September 25 - 30, 2016 (for Class 35) at the Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, North Carolina. The 2-day sessions will be held in November, January 2017, March 2017 and May 2017. During the November session, Class 34 and Class 35 Fellows will have an opportunity to meet their companion class as well as BMLI alumnae who are participating in the 2016 Betsy Magness Graduate Institute. The November session will focus on leadership brand management and marketplace trends, while the January BMLI session will home in on organizational influence, as well as highly effective communication and presentation strategies. The March session will cover high-performance team leadership and strategic mindset; graduation will take place in May 2017.
For additional information, please visit the BMLI FAQs page. Please note: although you will be asked for your class preference, there are several factors that determine class placement, including but not limited to availability, and WICT cannot guarantee that your first choice will be met.
A non-refundable application fee of $165 is due with submission of the BMLI application.
The cost for the program is $17,500 and includes all course materials as well as attendance at all sessions.
Out-of-pocket expenses for airfare, hotel and ground transportation are not included. All fees and incidental expenses are the responsibility of the Fellow’s company. Once an applicant has been selected for and accepted a seat in the BMLI program the company is committed to the registration fee of $17,500. There is no refund of the registration fee should a fellow need to cancel after accepting a seat in the program. Full payment of the $17,500 program fee for accepted participants must be received by June 31, 2016. Fellows with outstanding payments may be excluded from the orientation week at WICT's discretion.
Application Process and Instructions
Each applicant must be recommended and approved by her corporate Human Resources Department or appropriate manager. This approval includes confirmation of corporate support for participation in the program. If the applicant does not have her Human Resources or appropriate manager approval, she will not be considered for the BMLI program.
Prospective Fellows should:
- Fax, mail or scan the Corporate Approval form to WICT as outlined on the form.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit the $165 non-refundable application fee.
The approval form must be received by January 29, 2016.
The online application and application fee must be by received Friday, February 5, 2016 by 3:00 pm (Eastern) for the applicant to be considered for this program.
Prior to completing the online application, please use this Word document of the BMLI application as a working draft. Once you have completed this draft, you can transfer your responses to the online form. To access the online form simply click "Apply Online" below. You will be taken to a login page where you will enter your WICT member login information.
If you are not a WICT member you will need to create an account to submit an application for BMLI. Chose the "Create an Account" button on the login page. You do not need to be a member of WICT to apply to the program but if you are accepted, we do require that you join.
Keep this in mind:
Once you have accessed the online BMLI application, you do have the ability to save your application and come back prior to submitting it. To access your saved application return to this page and click "Apply Online" - you will be taken back to your saved application after you have logged in.
- Don't wait until the last minute! Be thoughtful and thorough in your application.
- All applications must be submitted via our online system. Please note that you must use Internet Explorer to complete the application. If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, check to ensure that "compatibility view" is on (Go to the Tools menu, then select Compatibility View Settings, and then add www.wict.org).
- Prior to accessing the online application, complete and save your application as a separate document (found here), then copy and paste your answers online. When you copy and paste from Word into the online platform, some formatting will be lost. Avoid using bullets, dashes, italics, etc. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received by WICT. (Be aware that the system will log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity and your work may not be saved).
- Have the Corporate Approval form with your Human Resources representative's signature completed separately, and send to the WICT office.
- No additional supplemental documents will be accepted.
Finished your application in Word and ready to submit it online?