WICT’s Tech It Out Initiative premiered in 2009 with the goal of creating strong women leaders in technology, while also raising awareness about the vast opportunities for women in the tech fields within our industry. A growing body of research shows that strengthening gender diversity fosters innovation and improves the bottom line. Programs like Tech It Out give our stakeholders tools they need to keep pace with the latest advances in technology while connecting them with industry leaders and pioneers.
In 2020, WICT Global was proud to partner with the WICT Midwest Chapter to co-host a multi-day web series.
Session 1: An Inside Look at What is Happening in Washington
- Introductory Remarks: Maria E. Brennan, CAE, WICT President & CEO
- Speaker: Lisa Schoenthaler, VP & Senior Policy Counsel, Government Relations, NCTA
Following opening remarks from WICT President & CEO, Maria Brennan, NCTA’s Lisa Schoenthaler discussed COVID-19 and its impact on our industry, upcoming spectrum auctions, and all of the dynamic changes and legislation affecting new technology innovations in our space.
Session 2: The Chasing Grace Project – Episode 3
- Introductory Remarks, Michelle Ray, Executive Director, Walter Kaitz Foundation
- Speaker: Jennifer Cloer, CEO, reTHINKit Media
Michelle Ray, head of the Walter Kaitz Foundation, welcomed attendees to the second session in the Tech It Out series. Jennifer Cloer, the creator behind a documentary series, The Chasing Grace Project, which focuses on women in tech who serve in leadership positions, shared a video from the series and was on hand to discuss it with attendees during and after playback.
Session 3: CybHER: Empowering, Motivating and Educating Girls in CyberSecurity
- Introductory Remarks: WICT Global Board Chair, Sandy Howe, EVP & President, Technetix Inc.
- Speaker: Dr. Ashley Podhradsky, Associate Professor of Digital Forensics and Associate Dean of the Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences, Dakota State University
Chair of the WICT Global Board of Directors, Sandy Howe, opened the third session in the Tech It Out series. Dr. Podhradsky discussed her cutting-edge work in cyber forensics, the dark web and CybHER®, a women’s philanthropy she founded. Its mission is to empower, motivate, educate and change the perception of girls and women in cybersecurity.
Visit our Online Learning Library to view recordings of each of the sessions noted above.
Past Tech It Out Photos