The WICT Leadership Conference Goes Virtual
Plan now to join us in October for an entirely new, innovative experience
We are excited to bring you a whole new take on one of the industry’s preeminent leadership development opportunities, the WICT Leadership Conference: The Power of Resilience. This year’s program will be fully virtual for the first time ever.
If you’re familiar with WICT’s Leadership Conference, you know that we attract top talent, key industry executives, premier authors, academics and thought leaders to take part in a program developed specifically to enhance your business acumen and make you a better leader. The 2020 WICT Leadership Conference is no exception and remains one of the most anticipated learning events of the year.
Pearls of Wisdom
We are thrilled to kick-off Diversity Week with an action-packed virtual WICT Leadership Conference agenda. This year, the program features more than 25 hours of interactive and transformational platforms to take your career to the next level.
Returning to the lineup is the perennial favorite, Pearls of Wisdom,sponsored by Charter Communications. This annual capstone session takes a page from the famed TED Talks, bringing together influential thought leaders for several mini-keynotes. Speakers will share their inspiring and powerful journeys and influential moments, which will leave you energized and empowered to put their words into an action plan.
Skating Legend Kristi Yamaguchi Joins
Profiles of Champions Panel at WICT Leadership Conference
World champion skater and Olympic legend, Kristi Yamaguchi, will join an impressive array of subject matter experts for the ever-popular Leadership Conference session, Profiles of Champions: Becoming a Corporate Athlete. This sought-after session sees the return of seasoned moderator, ESPN’s Laura Gentile, SVP of Marketing at ESPN. And rounding out the panel are Tatiana Calderon, the first Latina F1 race car driver, and Amanda McGrory, a digital archivist, Paralympian and Team USA athlete.
Profiles of Champions: Becoming a Corporate Athlete
Sponsored by: Accenture Consulting
Athletes possess specific traits developed over years of competitive sports that translate well into corporate culture. From perseverance and discipline to teamwork and reliance, these attributes are what make or break winners during their career. Among the highest-rated conference sessions, this encore panel presentation explores the intersectionality between high-performing athletes and high-performing executives. Learn invaluable strategies from these top players as they share their personal stories of trials and triumphs as you create your own corporate playbook.
- Tatiana Calderon, FIA F2 Race Car Driver, BWT Arden & F1 Test Driver, Alfa Romeo – First Latina to drive an F1 race car.
- Laura Gentile, SVP, espnW & Women’s Initiatives, ESPN (Moderator)
- Amanda McGrory, Digital Archivist, Paralympian & Team USA Athlete
- Kristi Yamaguchi, Olympic Gold Medalist, World Champion Skater & Founder, Always Dream Foundation
New York Times Best-Selling Author and Renowned TED Talker, Angela Duckworth, Among Headliners to Deliver Address at October WICT Leadership Conference
This October 5-6, WICT’s highly-acclaimed Leadership Conference returns as a virtual program where WICT will explore The Power of Resilience. And few people personify this theme better than Angela Duckworth. Her best-selling book, Grit: The Power and Passion of Perseverance, serves as a roadmap to understanding and building resilience. Duckworth joins us for a live-streamed Super Tuesday keynote session on October 6.
Drawing on her own powerful journey as the daughter of a scientist who frequently commented on Angela’s lack of “genius,” Duckworth is now a celebrated researcher and professor. She describes her early, eye-opening stints in teaching, business consulting and neuroscience as the catalyst to her theory that what actually drives success is not “genius,” but a unique combination of passion and long-term perseverance she came to call “grit.”
According to Angela, grit is the hallmark of high achievers in every domain. She also found compelling scientific evidence that grit can be learned and nurtured, regardless of IQ or personal circumstances. We invite you to join us for this personal, insightful, and transformative conversation about what happens psychologically when an individual falters and how perseverance — especially when faced with challenging conditions — determines one’s level of success.
Take a glance at the preliminary agenda for the WICT Leadership Conference and stay tuned for future updates, including speaker announcements and details about how to access the program online.
About Angela Duckworth
Angela Duckworth is the founder and CEO of Character Lab, whose mission is to advance scientific insights that help children thrive. She is also the Rosa Lee and Egbert Chang Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, faculty co-director of the Penn-Wharton Behavior Change For Good Initiative, and faculty co-director of Wharton People Analytics.
Angela’s TED talk is among the most-viewed of all time. Her book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance is a #1 New York Times best seller. She is also co-host, with Stephen Dubner, of the podcast No Stupid Questions.
You can receive her Tip of the Week email newsletter by signing up here.
Why attend our virtual conference?
- Make the most of a mix of seamless presentations, panels and interactive sessions. Join us online to experience an effortless flow from one session to the next. Curate your own path for concurrent breakouts designed to offer you specific skills. The entire program will be recorded to ensure you don’t miss a single moment through on-demand playback.
- No travel required. In the comfort and safety of your own setting, save time and money by tuning in to the conference remotely. And don’t worry if you miss something – the recordings will be available to you for later review.
- Save over 50% off the regular registration fee. Members have access to the full conference, including special activities like streamed workouts, virtual networking roundtables and one-on-one coaching, for $699. The nonmember rate is just $899 and includes an annual WICT membership for those who are eligible. The fee also includes access to all program materials, as well as the ability to watch recorded sessions at your convenience.
Click the button below to sign up today!
View a recap of the 2019 WICT Leadership Conference here.
WICT gratefully acknowledges the sponsors of the
2020 Leadership Conference