2021 WICT Leadership Conference
October 4 – 5, 2021
WICT’s Leadership Conference is the premier leadership development program for its members and other industry stakeholders. Attendees will learn from today’s key thought-leaders on how businesses can thrive in challenging times while discovering the trends that affect and influence their professional successes. This top-rated conference gathers all levels of industry professionals who are looking to make a greater impact on their department, division, company, and career.
Here are some of the advantages you will receive by attending our virtual program:
- Tap into a mix of seamless presentations, panels and interactive sessions. Join us online for an effortless flow from one session to the next. Curate your own path for concurrent breakouts designed to offer you specific skills. The entire program will be recorded to ensure you don’t miss a single moment through on-demand playback.
- Experience live networking and coaching opportunities. We are building in live streaming sessions to emulate what you’ve come to love most about the WICT Leadership Conference – the ability to connect with your friends and colleagues face-to-face.
- Engage with presenters and fellow attendees through live chat. Speakers will be on hand to answer your questions throughout keynotes and panel discussions. Take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity to interact with presenters and ask your questions in real time.
- No travel required. In the comfort and safety of your own setting, save time and money by tuning in to the conference remotely. And don’t worry if you miss something – the recordings will be available to you for later review.
- Save $100 off the conference fee by registering early. Members have access to the full conference, including special activities like streamed workouts, virtual happy hours and one-on-one coaching, for $850. The nonmember rate is just $1,050 and includes an annual WICT membership for those who are eligible. The fee also includes access to all program materials, as well as the ability to watch recorded sessions at your convenience.
Stay tuned for future updates, including speaker announcements and details about how to make the most of your virtual experience.
Take a look at some highlights from the
2020 WICT Leadership Conference…
Pearls of Wisdom
Returning to the lineup was the perennial favorite, Pearls of Wisdom, sponsored by Charter Communications. This annual capstone session takes a page from the famed TED Talks, bringing together influential thought leaders for several mini-keynotes. Speakers shared their inspiring and powerful journeys and influential moments, which left participants feeling energized and empowered to put their words into an action plan.
Skating Legend Kristi Yamaguchi Joined
Profiles of Champions Panel at WICT Leadership Conference
World champion skater and Olympic legend, Kristi Yamaguchi, joined an impressive array of subject matter experts for the ever-popular Leadership Conference session, Profiles of Champions: Becoming a Corporate Athlete. This sought-after session saw the return of seasoned moderator, ESPN’s Laura Gentile, SVP of Marketing at ESPN. Rounding out the panel was Amanda McGrory, a digital archivist, Paralympian and Team USA athlete.
Profiles of Champions: Becoming a Corporate Athlete
Sponsored by: Accenture Consulting
Athletes possess specific traits developed over years of competitive sports that translate well into corporate culture. From perseverance and discipline to teamwork and reliance, these attributes are what make or break winners during their career. Among the highest-rated conference sessions, this encore panel presentation explores the intersectionality between high-performing athletes and high-performing executives. Learn invaluable strategies from these top players as they share their personal stories of trials and triumphs as you create your own corporate playbook.
- Laura Gentile, SVP, espnW & Women’s Initiatives, ESPN (Moderator)
- Amanda McGrory, Digital Archivist, Paralympian & Team USA Athlete
- Kristi Yamaguchi, Olympic Gold Medalist, World Champion Skater & Founder, Always Dream Foundation
New York Times Best-Selling Author and Renowned TED Talker, Angela Duckworth
Delivered Address at October WICT Leadership Conference
Few people personify the conference theme of resilience better than Angela Duckworth. Her best-selling book, Grit: The Power and Passion of Perseverance, serves as a roadmap to understanding and building resilience. Duckworth joined us for a live-streamed Super Tuesday keynote session on October 6.
Drawing on her own powerful journey as the daughter of a scientist who frequently commented on Angela’s lack of “genius,” Duckworth is now a celebrated researcher and professor. She described her early, eye-opening stints in teaching, business consulting and neuroscience as the catalyst to her theory that what actually drives success is not “genius,” but a unique combination of passion and long-term perseverance she came to call “grit.”
According to Angela, grit is the hallmark of high achievers in every domain. She also found compelling scientific evidence that grit can be learned and nurtured, regardless of IQ or personal circumstances. This personal, insightful, and transformative conversation taught us about what happens psychologically when an individual falters and how perseverance — especially when faced with challenging conditions — determines one’s level of success.
About Angela Duckworth
Angela Duckworth is the founder and CEO of Character Lab, whose mission is to advance scientific insights that help children thrive. She is also the Rosa Lee and Egbert Chang Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, faculty co-director of the Penn-Wharton Behavior Change For Good Initiative, and faculty co-director of Wharton People Analytics.
Angela’s TED talk is among the most-viewed of all time. Her book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance is a #1 New York Times best seller. She is also co-host, with Stephen Dubner, of the podcast No Stupid Questions.
You can receive her Tip of the Week email newsletter by signing up here.
View a recap of the 2019 WICT Leadership Conference here.
WICT gratefully acknowledges the sponsors of the
2020 Leadership Conference