MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP! APPLY TODAY!
Call for Applications for Dru Strange Scholarships
The Greater Texas Chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications creates women leaders who transform our industry. One way the chapter delivers on that commitment is to provide professional development scholarships to deserving WICT Greater Texas Chapter members. The scholarships are funded by the Dru Strange Memorial Fund.
The Chapter is funding scholarships covering registration fees and some travel expenses for upcoming events.
- Must be working within the telecommunications industry at the time of application.
- Must be a current WICT member with Texas as primary chapter affiliation.
- Must have permission from employer to apply for and attend the session.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential within your organization and in WICT Greater Texas.
- Must be willing to reflect on your experience with WICT Greater Texas chapter members via lunch & learn speech, blogging and/or a newsletter article.
- Current members of the Governance Committee of the WICT Greater Texas Board of Directors are not eligible.
- Previous scholarship winners to national events are not eligible; recipients of a scholarship to a Texas event are eligible to win for national event. In no instance shall an individual receive more than two scholarships (one state, one national).
Applications can be downloaded here.
Look for more information this summer about fall programs and applying for a scholarship for those opportunities.
Contact Scholarship Chair Jamie Mosmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about applying for the Dru Strange Scholarship.
About the Dru Strange Memorial Fund
The Dru Strange Memorial Fund was established to honor Dru Strange, a former Showtime Networks Inc. account executive whose promising career was tragically cut short in an automobile accident in January 30, 1980. She was the daughter of cable pioneer Bill Strange and his wife, Marjorie. The fund is administered by Women in Cable Telecommunications Greater Texas Chapter and initially contributed academic scholarships for students pursuing studies in cable and telecommunications. Between 1994 and 2009, WICT Greater Texas co-sponsored (with Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing Texas Chapter) the Dru Strange Charity Golf Classic. In 2006, the WICT Greater Texas Board of Directors designated the fund to provide scholarships for industry professionals to attend WICT programs.