The WICT Lonestar Conference is scheduled to take place in August 2019. If you are intrested in being a sponsor, please reach out to Tiffany Vela (email@example.com) for information.
2019 Texas Lone Star Awards Nominations
Nominate your peers or leaders who have gone above and beyond in their career!
The WICT GTX Chapter is looking to recognize them at this year’s
Lone Star Awards & Conference.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 5, 2019, 5 p.m. Central
* The WICT Touchstones of Leadership — Know Yourself. Communicate. Listen. Connect. Be A Catalyst. Be Fearless. Inspire. — are the primary criteria used for selecting the award winners.
* Nominees must be employed within the cable telecommunications industry in the Greater Texas maker or within their territory.
* Chair Members of the WICT Greater Texas Lone Star Committee, Executive Committee defined as: President, VP, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chapter Advise and Nominations sub-committee members are not eligible for selection.
|Selection Process/Honoree Notification:
* Winners will be selected by a committee of industry leaders and current WICT Greater Texas Board Members equally representing WICT Greater TX membership.
* Honorees, nominators, and the honoree’s supervisor will be notified the week of July 12, 2019.
|To access the nominations forms, please click here: 2019 WICT Lone Star Awards – Call for Nominations.|
|Star of the Year – Inspiration Award Recognizes a woman who has had a milestone year, is a respected role model and has made significant contributions to the cable telecommunications industry over the course of her career. The recipient will be highly regarded by her peers, clients, and subordinates for high levels of career achievement and quality work-life balance.
* Recipient must be at a Vice President level (or equivalent) or higher with at least five years in the cable telecommunications industry
Shining Star – Woman to Watch Award is given to a woman with a consistent record of success, leadership and job excellence at the middle or senior management level. The recipient will inspire others, and serve as role model to others around her.
* Recipient must be at a Director level or higher
Rising Star – Woman of the Future Award is presented to a woman who shows potential to be an influential leader within her company and the cable telecommunications industry.
* Must be below Vice President Level (or equivalent.)
North Star – Advocate Award is presented to an executive who has a track record of devoting time and resources to the personal and professional development of others within the cable telecommunications industry. This person will be recognized for her (or his):
* Support of company or industry mentoring and development programs
* Consistent commitment to the success of employees, colleagues and industry associates
* Ability to coach, lead and inspire others to achieve their full potential
Star Power – Women in Technology recognizes a woman in a technology role who demonstrates outstanding personal and professional growth while interacting with other disciplines to transform our industry.
Nominations must be delivered via email to:
Miranda Schultz firstname.lastname@example.org
Marta Berrios Marta_Berrios@comcast.com